Parent Advisory Council (PAC)
Lovett Parent Advisory Council (PACs)
Parent Advisory Councils (PACs) empower parents to serve as partners in the education of their children at schools that receive Title 1 funding.
Each academic year, schools establish Parent Advisory Councils (PACs) to bring together parents/legal guardians, teachers/staff, and community stakeholders to work with their school principal in the planning, design, implementation, and evaluation of the Title I Program.
PACs empower parents to inspire and assist their children in achieving educational goals and graduating from elementary and high school. PAC meeting activities include:
- Provide input on amendments and future Title I programs
- Advise the principal on how Title 1 parent engagement funds should be spent in alignment with the school's Continuous Improvement Work Plan (CIWP)
- Jointly develop and approve a parent involvement policy which includes a school-parent compact
- Share ESSA (Every Student Succeeds Act) Title I information updates received from the New Region PAC
- Provide assistance, support, and training to parents to improve their literacy and parent skills
- Work to create equal partnerships between teachers, staff, and parents in the education of students
- Provide information to parents that will enable them to work with the school to promote their children’s grade level progress
PACs meet monthly through the school year. Meetings are open to the public.
Our Annual Information Meeting will be held on October 9, 2020 at 9:30am. Our annual organizational meeting will be held immediately afterwards
Please click here to attend
or dial in to
(US) +1 573-569-9308 PIN: 490 819 071#