Local School Council LSC
Vice Chair: Hellen Breeze
Secretary: Thomas Harris
Community Member: Willie Mae Thurmond
Community Member: Vacant
Parent Member: Salina Tillman
Parent Member: Frank Ware
Parent Member: Shardae Lovelady
Parent Member: Robert Breeze
Teacher Member: Thomas Harris
Teacher Member: Sharon Crowder
Due to COVID, CPS has adjusted the LSC election timeline. We need parents, teachers, students, and
community members to serve on the LSC.
● A Virtual Candidate Ballot Position Lottery was held at 3:00pm on October 9, 2020
● The candidate forum will be held virtually from October 26, 2020 at 4pm, to give school communities the opportunity to hear from prospective members.
○ Google Meets Login: meeting ID: https://meet.google.com/qos-cxzf-pey
or you can Join by phone(US) +1 347-704-2374 PIN: 654 890 829#
● LSC election will take place on November 19, 2020 during Report Card Pick Up.
- Newly elected LSC members will be inaugurated on January 10, 2021 and will begin their roles on January 11, 2021.
- Applicants must submit their completed Form 18-20 to the school where they would like to serve and submit their completed Form W-9 and CPS Internal Accounts Vendor Request Form to email@example.com. Judges will be selected in October and trained in late October and early November.
- New LSC members will serve for 18 months to allow the district to return to its usual spring LSC election cycle in 2022. Thus, LSC member terms for 2020–22 will conclude on July 1, 2022.